- "This is what an cardiac electrophysiologist looks like."
Spoken by a lecturer, showing a photograph of a man in scrubs
- "Clean, neat appearance engenders trust."
Somewhat important for patient care.
- "Demonstrate an active interest in the patient."
Even if they're REALLY boring?!
- "The physical exam begins the moment you enter the room. Note the following things: gender, ..."
Spoken by a professor
- "Thank you for your attention and respect. Last year, a student threw a paper airplane at me during lecture."
Spoken by a professor at the end of a lecture. He was serious, and he was not impressed when it happened.
- "Would you all SHUT UP?!"
Spoken by a student, to the entire class, who apparently did not agree with the perspective of the above professor
- "The only way you could get kicked out of medical school is to bring a tommy gun to class"
Spoken the dean of another Canadian medical school, recounted at two separate times by two separate people
- "We're paid to be scared."
Lecturer talking about treatment of Congestive Heart Failure
- "Maybe the reason the basketball hit him in the scrotum is because he just had big nads?"
Pathologist, trying to explain why a patient attributed his testicular cancer to being hit in the... ahem... 'nads.'
- "When you refer your patient to the urologist, you better explain that they're going to get a gun shooting all sorts of needles up their butt."
The same pathologist, demonstrating yet again that pathologists don't need beside manner since they have no patients.